Monday, April 30, 2007

project 365 #119: first butterfly

A lot of big heavy thoughts and decisions for a hungover Monday. I'm not buying a house after all, or certainly not a certain house on Spooks Branch Road, for all that I really would love to live on a street with the euphonious name of Spooks Branch. However, good sense won out and I realized that I didn't want to leave my neighborhood and end up in a house that was collapsing around my ears for lack of actual money and time to fix it up. It's in worse shape than I thought and so I'm possibly/probably renting a little house about 4 blocks from this one. I have an application in, anyway.

Big changes are all afoot here and it's weird as fuck and I'm tired and not handling the whole stress and move and leavetaking and all that particularly well. However, do not forget that I'm having a party on Friday night and you had damn well better be here or I will be miffed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I dunno. I think I might have to cancel. I have some stuff to do that night and I don't think I can handle any more beer and chaos.

Besides, your happy-idiot dog tried to eat my head. It was terrible. It was like getting gnawed on by Cerebus, except without the extra heads and the drooling hellfire, and, well, the teeth weren't quite so sharp nor large and, well, it was more of a half-assed mouthing instead of a true gnawing... but, daaaamn.

Your dogs breath smells like dog food!

Anonymous said...

Hi Felicity, just wanted to remind your readers and the Drinking Liberally folks that Jello Biafra will be speaking:

Monday, May 7, 8pm
Ground Zero
3059 Howard St.
Spartanburg SC
(864) 948-1661
website:groundzerorocks.com
$10, All Ages

(I tried the DL forum first but didn't see Asheville listed. Also, I'll try to make it up there today to post flyers in stores.) Thanks!