Thursday, May 03, 2007

project 365 #121: my mother, wasp and wine

Here is Tuesday's photo: my mother sharing her wine with a large hornet. My mother (the witch) is completely and totally unafraid of bees and wasps and hornets and other stingy things despite the fact that she is, or at least used to be, deathly allergic. My father would occasionally make a big thing out of this and try to scare us with tales of how we would have to give my mother a shot of this stuff in the refrigerator but meanwhile, a yellow jacket would be landing on her arm and she would say calmly, "It's not time for me to die today." and the yellow jacket would fly away. I have been trying hard to inherit this stoic serenity myself but so far I haven't managed quite her level.

1 comment:

Edgy Mama said...

uhhhh, wow.

Great shot!