Thursday, May 31, 2007

project 365 #151: auds at night

Last night A came over after a weekend in Baltimore at what was apparently the wedding from hell. It was a hilarious story that included a bridal party with pom poms and the theme from Monday night football. That was nice, and then, this morning, after a lovely, calm 24 hours with only one dog and a calm, peaceful dog at that (except for the relentless barking, okay) I went to pick up the newly deballed Django at the clinic. They told me to keep him calm; in fact, the directions were quite specific: they said No Jumping, Running, Playing or Going Outside Except On a Leash. Well, sure. That sounds fine and dandy and other dogs were coming out all sad with their poor tummies towards the floor and walking gingerly to their cars.

Django bounced about 5 feet in the air at least 10 times in the 15 feet between the clinic door and the car. When he got home he bounced some more. I tried to gate him into M's room since there's less stuff in there than in any other room (M is going for a dark and minimalist approach to home decorating, apparently) but he just bounced right over the gate. There's no way, without heavy duty doggie downers, that Django is not going to Run, Jump and Play for the next 7 to 10 days. It's not possible.

So I didn't know quite what to do and while I was dithering around about this young M and then the school called to tell me that he needed to come home for a few hours because he didn't actually have an exam until 11:45. I called work and told them I'd be late and went and got him and brought him home by which point, the grand old hour of 9:15 a.m., I was exhausted.

In other news, a huge and gigantic rat nearly ran over my feet this afternoon in the courtyard between Pack Place, the Marble Slab ice cream shoppe and the New French Bar. So if you are prone to sitting out there in the lovely evenings to drink, you might want to consider that. Gaaaaaaaaaahh!

No comments: