Friday, June 01, 2007

project 365 #151: theo at the park and watercolorized

Gah, I'm hungover. I should know better than to go to DL and then, I should know enough to come home earlier and then I should know better than to invite my friend S over for even more drinks. Of course, I don't apparently know any of this which is why I'm crouched in my office with the worst headache ever and a raw tongue from salt n' vinegar potato chips.

Technology has gone too far. I heard from a friend who is in similar desperate straits to mine (the lack of male, uh, company desperate straits, not any of the other desperate straits in which I routinely find myself) and she took the bold step of approaching a guy she knew slightly and found attractive while he was crouched over his laptop at a local bar. She was all coquettish but he was busy and uninterested, at least for now. "I could talk to you the week after next," he explained, "because I'm busy next week." No, she was busy the week after next. So he added her to his Google calendar and had it send her an email telling her to talk to him in 3 weeks. Hilarious. But wrong. So, so deeply wrong.

Oh, and if the titles of the various posts & pictures & stuff are getting confusing, it's because I got all muddled up with what day it was, as in it's like the 152nd day of the year and stuff. Which is not a natural way to think of the calendar and so I had to add it all up and then go back through my Flickr Project 365 set and find the places where I had skipped a day and then renumber the ones after that. So I think I fixed it on Flickr but it won't update on the blog and frankly I just can't be bothered. At this point the blog is pretty much getting yesterday's photo anyway and you know what? That's okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you've been mentioned in the Mountain Express again, or at least on its website, in the article about Asheville blogs. You Celebrity You! Hey, have you heard about therocketclub.net ? Soon you'll have a brand new cantina!

mygothlaundry said...

Yeah, the Mountain Express are my fans. Which is nice even though it always makes me weirdly uneasy to be mentioned in the paper. Like I'm not trumpeting my whole life from the damn cyber rooftops - go figure. As far as the Rocket Club, well, I'll believe it when I see it. It's been over a year now since they were first slated to open and they haven't. Also, it's exactly one block from my old house and I was so psyched when it was first announced (also, one of the original partners is a friend of mine but she's no longer involved) but now, blah, it's all the damn way across West Asheville.