Thursday, June 07, 2007

project 365 #158: morning walk by the river 5

I took the dogs for an hour long walk this morning, from one end of the river park to the other and back again. This gives me a whole bunch of possible angles to blog from - there's the "Goddamn there are too many people in Asheville nowadays why when I was younger the park was deserted" rant and then there's the "Nature sure is gosh darn beautiful, isn't it?" pastoral odyssey and, for a third and final possibilty, there's the "The dogs are so crazy; you won't believe how many times they took a shit this morning" amusing dog story (of which there have been, yeah, way too many lately.) So many themes, so little time:

This morning when I got to the park I was surprised at how many people there were at Carrier Park and all of those people were totally fucking annoying, as is always the case with the New Asheville. But the river was lovely and all the trees were reflected in extremely tree like reflection grandeur. Then the dogs, who were not happy at having to stay on the leash, took way too many shits: I hate carrying a bag of dog shit around although I grant you it is pretty much a superior weapon should I be accosted by new Ashevilleins from Florida who are mad at my dogs and don't properly appreciate the true glory of the morning.

In other news, I've been staying home and being misanthropic lately and at the moment I'm kind of thinking this trend is not going to change any time soon. I seem to have lost my taste for going out and, since this is probably an unequivocally Good Thing, I'm just going with it. Also, my kitchen is remarkably clean, which is partly because of the Blessed and Holy Dishwasher. I love the dishwasher. I mean I love it. I mean I stand there in the kitchen at night and tears come to my eyes and I say in a hoarse whisper "This is like some kind of fucking almighty amazing miracle, you know that?" I have only ever once had a dishwasher before and I just can't believe the glory of it all. It's so incredible; I'm nominating the dishwasher for Best Invention Ever and also, a la Scarlett, as god is my witness, I'll never go dishwasherless again. Unless someone sells me a funky amazing 1920s bungalow for a price I can afford without one, that is.

2 comments:

Gordon Smith said...

I'll show you a park with a lot less notoriety. I take my boys there. I'm going tomorrow afternoon. Let me know if you can come.

mygothlaundry said...

After 5:00? I'm there.