Friday, June 22, 2007

minotaur


minotaur
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry
Another drawing done and yeah, I'm getting weirder and so is my art. It's cool though, having this whole new kind of series coming out of my subconscious and also, hey, I actually finished it. What does it mean? I have no idea but oh well, why not? Come on, it beats the hell out of another picture of the dog and accompanying boring dog blog post, right?

I went to Drinking Liberally last night and met Cindy Sheehan's former lawyer who was a really nice guy from New Orleans. Also, some other new guy named Chris gave me a lengthy and unexpected compliment comparing me to Boadicea and going on a bit about female leadership and stuff. Since I am totally not a leader at DL anymore unless it comes to beer consumption (forgot to pay my tab again too, damn it, it's clearly early-ish onset Alzheimers, probably time for the ice floe except, of course, there aren't any anymore which means that we'll soon have near toxic levels of grandmother build up) I was a bit confused. But whatever. Take the compliments where you get them and, after all, why not Boadicea? I clearly need a war chariot. I think it's the long red hair that gets to them even though it's not all that damn red lately and I need to get my ass to a hairdresser forthwith. And I would, too, if I hadn't earmarked all my money for other frivolous shit. Like dog bones.

No comments: