Wednesday, June 27, 2007

project 365 #177: 15 minute craft project

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my internet is no longer working at home and I totally cannot figure out why. This made yesterday's car insurance debacle even worse since I couldn't look up my records. Help, somebody, I need help with my stupid home computer and internet connection. I could call Charter, I know, but their tech support consists of an endlessly looping robot tape telling you to reboot your modem. Tried that 16 times already and that's not it; this is more complicated.

So yesterday I did manage to make another Martha Stewart Of The Trailer Park craft item! Yes! It will fall apart soon as do most of my crafts but in the meantime, be impressed! I will give you directions so you can make one of your own and also, since there is a really, really good chance that you, whoever you are, are much more patient and detail oriented than me, yours will be better than mine and will not fall apart so quickly. It will be good. You can give me credit for the idea.

You will need:
4 sticks. Twigs, really. Your dog will be happy to help you with this part.
4 nails. Small ones. I used 1 big nail and then 3 small nails because I used the big one first and realized that, hey, now I had a big pointy nail sticking out the other end. I decided to ignore it. Also, you'll need a hammer. Unless you use a clog or something.
A piece of screen. I have no idea where you get this. I found one. I think it's from when D cut the screen out of my screen door to make a ghetto doggie door. (aka "A hole in the door")
A staple gun. Single most important tool in my life.

Directions:
Lay the twigs on the screen in a rectangle-ish sort of way.
Nail the twigs together.
Cut the screen at the corners sort of so it kind of wraps around the twigs. Does that make sense? You can figure it out.
Wrap the screen around the twigs and staple it. You might need to hammer the staples in.
Cut off the extra screen in the back and the dangly bits of screen on the corners. I haven't done all the corners yet as you can see from careful examination of this fine photograph, lower right. I'm going to get around to it as soon as I find the scissors again.
Hang on your wall with cup hooks and hang your earrings up.
Yay! You are talented and creative! Also, cheap!

1 comment:

Edgy Mama said...

Love it! You truly are Martha Stewart of the Trailer Park!