Monday, May 14, 2007

OKAY, This is Where I Beg

Ah, friends. Wonderful, wonderful friends who I cherish so much and who are so important to me and for whom I do all kinds of terrific friendly helpful things, never asking for anything (well, not asking for much, or maybe just beer) in return - until now. Now, I need you. Now I am going to beg and plead shamelessly. Yes, it is that dreaded moment that you have all been, uh, dreading: the moment when I Ask You To Help Me Move.

I am moving on Saturday, May 19. I have reserved a U-Haul truck and I am busily boxing stuff and throwing junk away and organizing and planning and I have put an ad up on Craigslist looking for a couple of paid guys to help as well - this offer is also open, y'all - but as we all know, the more the, if not merrier, than certainly less grueling. And if I manage to get some paid people, then they can do the really heavy stuff. So. FREE PIZZA AND BEER, Y'ALL! It will be FUN! Noonish to sixish, Saturday. From one end of West Asheville to the other - please, please, please come and help me move. Email me for directions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I'm in NYC! I just looooove helping people move. Oh well! ;-)

Anonymous said...

::remembers that for July::

Good luck with the move, mgl!

Edgy Mama said...

Damn. I'm single Mom all weekend, and my girl has softball out in East Bumblefuck at noon, then the boy has a playdate, then I'm going to try to escape for the evening. I'll be by late if I manage the escape!

Best of luck. Thinking of you.

Gordon Smith said...

I've got a truck you can use, but I'm gone to Canton for the District Convention of the Democrats.

Want to use the truck?

mygothlaundry said...

Wait, y'all. These are not the responses I was hoping for. What we need here are responses more along the lines of, "Yeah! I'll be there with my truck and my seven burly brothers who just love hauling couches! We'll even bring you beer!"

Okay? Have we got that down? Hop to it!

P.S. Screwy, I'm renting a truck. So, uh, that democratic convention thingie? Not all day, is it? You can do both! And kate, they DO have airplanes, you know. :-)