Wednesday, May 30, 2007

project 365 #150 new house at twilight

Yesterday, I collapsed. I did nothing whatsoever on the new house - except sleep in it, heavily, and eat dinner - and then I took this one photo, which shows the beginnings of the funkifying process of the front yard, so that eventually it will be chock a block with odd stuff and flowers and flags and so on, so that small children are frightened and delighted and the neighborhood association sighs great mighty sighs of despair. Or so one hopes.

It was a damn good thing I got a good nights sleep, too, since I had to wake up at 6:30 this morning and walk the dogs without letting Django eat anything. I had never noticed before just how much random stuff Django generally eats on a walk, from stray Kleenex to grass (lots of grass) to god only knows what else. But I'm still feelng unfriendly towards Django - he got out of the fence again last night, of course, and barked at the people across the street with their dog and they were not happy about it because their dog is unfriendly and blah, stupid dogs anyway. So I figured if the piece of kleenex and a couple of stray grass blades in his belly make him die under the knife, well, that's karma. Anyway, then I got the laundry into the car (the plan today is that after work I'm going over to my mothers and then directly to the laundromat, oh happy day) and got showered and got M up and made coffee and got Django into the car where he perched precariously on top of the laundry in the back seat, barking, and then took M to the edge of his school so he could go off with my last $3 to get breakfast and then took Django to the clinic for his appointment where people ooohed and aaaahed over how cute he is and I felt evil and then, finally, got myself to work with a giant cup of coffee and a turkey sandwich from the Sisters McMullen for the staff meeting. All this by 8:45 a.m. Yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew a Lauren McMullen in college in Boston...don't suppose that's one of the sisters' names?

Anonymous said...

BTW, I don't know why, but sometimes your blog program accepts my comments, other times not.