Thursday, May 10, 2007

project 365 #130: emerald in calcite matrix macro

This is yesterday's photo, by the way. Monday's photo is here and Tuesday's is here (they both are pretty goddamn lame, so you probably don't want to bother clicking) and that catches us up to today. Hopefully I'll get back over to the new house this evening and take a couple of exterior shots for today's photo!

Actually, I must say that yesterday was pretty cool, despite the Asheville High School lockdown, which young M was totally fine with, since it meant he got out of school early. During all that, which entailed a whole bunch of panicky recorded messages from the superintendant of schools (sometimes the information age gives us a little more information than we really need, you know) a local super fancy jewelers called us up and asked us to send over some museum people and a photographer to look at this guy's emeralds. Well, that would be me and my coworker P, so off we went, and I got to take a bunch of pictures of these truly amazing emeralds. Sometimes I really like my job. Then in the evening I went over to my mom's and had drinks with her and some friends and that was really nice and then I went over to my friend S' house to meet her good friends from NY who I had never met before and who are totally cool. It was basically a pretty excellent day - and there have just not been enough of those lately so it was really extra good.

No comments: