Thursday, May 10, 2007

And There Was Much Rejoicing

I gots a house!!!!!!! Sing hallelujah! Yes, I have just now come back from signing a lease on a funky little 2 bedroom ranch house in West Asheville, on the other side of West Asheville from where I currently live, near the Malvern Hills Park. It has a fireplace! And a dishwasher! And a garage! And a big if somewhat rickety deck! And a huge yard! It is nifty! It is kind of like a scaled down Brady house!

I get the keys a week from today and I'm thinking I'm going to try to move that weekend if I can get my shit together. I'm happy and sad all at once and a bit trepidatious about what young M is going to say, since he hasn't seen it and it's not as convenient to stuff like convenience stores as the house where we now live. Saying goodbye to BJs Food Market will make me sad, too, but saying hello to much leafy greenness and a park with a pool and tennis courts is pretty damn cool. Young M will just have to get a bike and suck it up.

There should be pictures later today. Yay! I have a house!

7 comments:

Asheville Web Designers said...

RIGHT DOWN THE STREET!!!?????


oh.


mey.


gahd.

Anonymous said...

woot! great news!

mygothlaundry said...

RIGHT down the street, girl. We are gonna be neighbors! Alcoholic neighbors! Our livers will never be the same!

arratik said...

that is most excellent news! congratulations!

jay said...

********HAPPYDANCE*********

Lee H. said...

WHOO HOO! Congrats! I am so happy (and relieved) for you. :)

We want pics!

Jeremy said...

Congrats on the house, Felicity!