Saturday, May 26, 2007

project 365 #147: still life with petunias

Well, it's done. My mom and I and my friend D worked all day like crazed cleaning lady slaves and the old house is empty, still and immaculate. And me? I'm drained, exhausted, empty and far from immaculate, even if I did just take a shower. And I'm sad. It was so sad to look at the house so beautiful and shiningly clean, possibly cleaner than I've ever seen it, certainly cleaner than it was when I moved in 6 years ago (and obviously when I was living there it never got all that clean. . . ) and think, you know, wonderful, I have left a big beautiful house I loved for a small not so beautiful house that I just kind of like alright. It's sort of like leaving your husband, Johnny Depp, for Danny DeVito: just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But there you have it and I'm trying very hard to remember that it's all good karma and moving is good for a person - shakes things up and all - and so on. You know, all the usual new age claptrap.

But I'm still sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

deVito is a good man. Depp - just a chain smokin' priate.

Anonymous said...

Would you believe "pirate"?