Sunday, April 15, 2007

project 365 #103: walk in theatre

Friday night was Walk In Theatre and they were showing one of my favorite movies: Ghostbusters. Shut UP. I don't care what you think, I love Ghostbusters. I love the way Rick Moranis goes around looking for the Keyholder and offers to free the horse and the way Sigourney Weaver's hair is so perfectly bizarrely 80s and Bill Murray who I just love anyway and, suck it haters, I love Ghostbusters. Unfortunately on Friday night it started raining and so they pulled the plug right at the best part.

So I had managed to inveigle my friend J to go with me. I also invited a bunch of other people who made uncomplimentary remarks about the movie, but J, like me, has impeccable taste and so he met me there. When the rain came and we went inside we ran into my friend D who was with a bunch of people playing trivia. I excel at trivia and in fact I think I got every single question right and if they had only listened to me with the true attention due my utterances I bet our team would have won instead of coming in ignominiously somewhere around 5th.

Anyhow, though, I had a great time and then at midnight the DILO Ashevegas project began. Although I had these great plans to just not sleep and take pictures for 24 hours I didn't quite manage that, but I did take over 300 pictures yesterday, which I'm about to go through, one by one in the possibly vain hope that even one of them is good enough to make the final cut for the DILOA thing. We shall see. It was a fun day though and all of this - DILOA, Walk In Theatre, trivia at the pub, made me realize that okay, I probably won't leave Asheville after all. In a little over 24 hours I ran into so many friends of mine and I thought, you know, it's taken me 7 years to get to this point where I know and like a ton of people here - I'm not sure I really want to start over again anywhere else.

Belize is still a possibility though. As is a small booklined cave in Tibet without a phone, where when I call home as I did last night, I don't have to find out that A & J & N are making mudslides in the food processor and M has gone over to a friends house which wouldn't be alarming if he hadn't been clutching a Japanese sword and muttering something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha. I too love the movie Ghostbusters. I guess I should admit now that I probably work in a Ghostbuster's quote at least once a day. It's that bad.

That's a big twinkie.

Anonymous said...

You don't wanna go to Belize.

Do you KNOW how big the bugs and spiders get down there?????!!!!!