Thursday, April 19, 2007

project 365 #108: jodis elbow at broadways

And here is yesterday's picture, taken at Broadways where we went after going to inspect the house that I want to buy, that unfortunately somebody else wants to buy as well. Yes, somebody else, who put a contract in on Sunday while I was still dithering about how I didn't want to leave West Asheville. Damn. Well, I have the backup contract, so keep your fingers crossed and think good thoughts about me getting the house and good thoughts about that other person finding a different house that's far more to their liking or something else happening (a good thing, of course, no voodoo dolls unless you insist) that stops them from following through and gives me what my expert friend D, who went over with me to make sure that the house wasn't actually going to fall on my head right away, called a "crappy little house in a good neighborhood." Yes. That's MY crappy little house, motherfucker, and I want it. Not yours. Mine. So think along those lines, oh power of the blogosphere, and let me get it.

In other news, yesterday was N's birthday and I made him a truly awesome t-shirt featuring a completely bootlegged image of Curious George on ether which he likes I think a lot and then took him and M out to dinner at India Garden which was also truly awesome. I believe I have to learn how to cook Indian food now; the only thing I know how to make is an only fairly awesome chicken curry but it's kind of boring and I've made it a million times and I'm ready for truly awesome. It's time to branch out into chicken tikka masala, because I think I could eat that every single day for the rest of my life, except for the days when I was eating palak paneer or rogan josh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so unfair to Voodoo Dolls! Mine are all for "good" magic & actually work!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you when I was in Asheville. Having been by your house makes me realize how much having to move sucks so bad. I, too, was at India Garden on Wednesday night! I made many new friends during my stay, so I will come back to visit soon...just wish it wasn't so damn far away.

Lanette