Saturday, April 28, 2007

project 365 #117: montford park

Yesterday I went over to my friend J's apartment in palatial Montford and we went for a walk - well, okay, we walked down to the store to buy some more beer and then walked back, but hey, that counts. On the way back we stepped into the edge of Montford Park, where I actually had never been before and took a picture of this tree.

My other friend J is going to be here momentarily or in like an hour - he's in Waynesville, which would take me 30 minutes to drive to, but the bus will take a bit longer. I'm so nervous I could, oh, I don't know, wake up at 6:45 and clean the bathroom to within an inch of its life. Or possibly, having decided that I must wear my favorite shirt (my favorite shirt is this long sleeved gray t-shirt with a V neck that I made into an Escher shirt by virtue of downloading that Escher with the round reflecting ball and printing it onto a decal and ironing it onto said shirt, thus covering up the grease stains nicely. ) try on about 400 iterations of other things with this shirt, all of which make me look hideously fat, whimper, toss all my laundry around the room, vow to diet, whimper more and finally slam myself into a pair of jeans, remarking, "Self, it doesn't matter how fat you look when you have a huge goddamn zit like that on your chin. The zit completely takes the eye away from the mufffin top over the jeans." This is not the kind of thing my therapist thinks I should say to myself but, well, I'm nervous.

I don't think he's an axe murderer - I've actually met lots of people from the internets over the years and I haven't been axe murdered yet, nor have I axe murdered anyone, although I have thought about it, but not, oddly enough, in conjunction with people on the internet, more about people in traffic and at work and stuff like that. Or possibly members of my family. So I think all this internet axe murdering stuff is overblown. And I'm pretty damn sure that J is not the axe murderer type. But he is Californian, and I have it on good authority, namely, like, reliable media sources such as Fox and the Weekly World News, that you never know what one of them weirdo left coasters might do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrrr. So tasty. Sorry, I couldn't help it, I ate her all up.

Edgy Mama said...

So, did he make it? Guess he's not an axe murderer since you posted today!

Edward said...

hate to say, but I've had 100% failure rate for internet GFs mentioned in my blog. YMMV.

and I have to add in Homer Simpson voice, "Mmmm, Muffin Top."