Saturday, April 07, 2007

project 365 #97: dilo asheville flickr meetup band in the glass door

Thank god for beer, because without it I'd really be a fucking basket case around now. I was all day, which I spent mostly walking around in circles looking at my house - my soon to be ex house - and saying "Oh god. Oh god." Then I would freak out a little more and my family, who have far too much experience at this point in dealing with Mom in a state of terminal freakout, would pat me gently or say something patently artificial, like "Gee, Mom, your hair looks nice!" They never ordinarily say such things, so I know it's bad.

But then I went on over to the Flickr Dilo Ashevegas meetup and drank a few beers and luxuriated in my friends being angry on my behalf (another friend called after reading my blog with words of sympathy, which was really nice) and now I'm home (soon to be ex-home, god) eating hot and sour soup from Dragon China and feeling at least a little more coherent. Which all just goes to prove that beer is a Good and a Necessary thing.

Jesus. Fucking evicted. I can't believe it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this morning as I awakened to my alarm, I was dreaming that we were chatting in my kitchen over coffee. Everything was good and fine, and the whole house thing was behind you. I hope this means I can predict the future through my dreams, and even better, you will come to Virginia to hang out in my kitchen soon.

Love, Lanette

Shad Marsh said...

that blows. people (and landlords) are assholes