Thursday, April 19, 2007

project 365 #109: goldfinch


project 365 #109: goldfinch
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
And this is today's picture, which I shot out of my mom's kitchen window when a goldfinch alighted upon one of her sadly, miserably frost blighted trees. For my mom, the master gardener, this spring has been a disaster of epic proportions and all I, the clumsy amateur gardener can say about it is damn, it's the silver lining in the giant black cloud that is having to move away from this house because at least I don't have to stay here and acknowledge the death of way too many perennials and trees and shrubs.

How do small birds manage not to get blown away in high winds, anyway? That storm blew my lawn furniture all over the neighborhood: why isn't this finch in Tahiti or somewhere?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the finch CAME from Tahiti. Huh? Think about it.