Monday, April 30, 2007

project 365 #118: loquacious

At Pack Place on Sunday - my friend Jason, who is visiting from San Francisco, which is apparently located in an entirely different universe than any of us inhabit. I had long thought as much but he's actually handling the chaos of my house and the vortex of Asheville with admirable aplomb. He got here after days on a Greyhound bus at around 10 am Saturday, at which point we all began drinking vodka and smoking heavily and that, although not the vodka, which we ran out of and had to supplement with PBR, kept us going into Sunday night. I took him for a walk around downtown and did the obligatory tourist thing, or part of it, the part without the waterfalls anyway. It's always kind of cool to see your own city through new eyes and thus I must now push the DILOA exhibit, which is currently on view at the Pack Library downtown and which I personally have not yet seen but intend to tomorrow and in which I have five photos. So go see it. My picture of BJs is up and when I was in there this evening buying Yuengling and Klondike bars (two great tastes, etc.) the BJs guy whose name I can never remember told me that people had already come in to tell him that his picture was up on the wall of the library.

Also. PARTY. Friday. A party to which you will come and leave with much nifty stuff in hand and then I can start packing in earnest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee. Your house and life and Asheville isn't all that chaotic. I've been enjoying myself immensely, work and chaos and slack and weird sleep and weird people and weird dogs and all. I'm looking forward to Drinking Liberally on Thursday.

And it's not an entirely different universe. It just as well might be a far off and v. metropolitan country unto it's own, though.

Also: Beer + Ice Cream = Not good at all. Beer floats are gross.

Anonymous said...

Did Jason tell u how he likes to eat bags of dicks? This guy has no style-I mean he takes other peoples styles and claims it for his own! What a poser! Wanker!