Sunday, March 18, 2007

street flowers


street flowers
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
More art. Another oil pastel drawing and this one rather obviously of N, which is weird as hell, since I never, but never, draw my friends or relatives. Most of my art is pretty subconscous - I don't sit down to draw with a plan in mind. I pick up the pencil or the crayons or whatever and let it go from there. This one I had a small idea of daffodils and a certain yellow orange in the lower right hand corner and this is the drawing that resulted. Channeling my brain's worries, I guess.

Kind of a hangover don't do much kind of day today. Last night ended up being so much fun - you see, gentle readers, I have rediscovered praying to Jah as a valid and interesting religious experience and this is actually quite, at the moment, a good thing. But last night all that was combined with, god help me, Jack & Coke (suddenly deciding that you're 23 again has its downsides, like Jack Daniels, which no sane person over the age of 25 touches) and a few beers and so, hangover today and then the obligatory lost drive around Candler looking for young M, which has grown to be a weekend ritual and eventual ending up at Sonic, who, as if I could love them more, have now started serving jalapeno poppers, which are my favorite food group of all time. You have your fried, your cheese, your spicy and your vegetable - it's the perfect food.

And the TV remote has succumbed to dog chewing and making movies work with the minimal, confused buttons on the TV set is problematic. We can only watch old movies with simple menus, which is how tonight, we watched episode one of The Corner (N's favorite book which he gave me to read a couple months ago; horrific, unputdownnable and heartwrenching0 and then Kentucky Fried Movie. Which I'm happy to say is just as funny as it's always been.

2 comments:

Edward said...

I love that drawing too! Nice to meet you Saturday night.

Edgy Mama said...

Nice work.

Jalapenos count as veggies? Alright!!