Tuesday, March 13, 2007

project 365 #72: night daffodils

I took this from under the daffodils in the dark, with a 15 second exposure and then I made it black and white, which use of photoshop crashed the computer (probably should have put CS onto the newer computer, not the older one, huh?) but here it is.

In other news we went out to the Asiana Grand Buffet for dinner which has undone all the good any diet ever did me, also, I may die momentarily for I was unable to resist the raw oysters, even though I know that eating oysters in Asheville is iffy at the best of times and, frankly, the Asiana Grand Buffet on Smoky Park Highway is not the best of times. Although it is kind of fun in a horrid stuff yourself overindulge terrible American gluttony feast kind of way; also, the food is really pretty good, mostly. And I ate a whole bunch of sushi (also high on the sudden death potential - I like to live dangerously,) plus all the stuff that I didn't know what it was. I make a point of always eating the weirdest shit on the buffet, because otherwise maybe they'll get rid of it and I like the freaky pork and shrimp dumplings and the weird flavorless steamed bun things that look like sexual peaches and the tentacley salt and pepper squid. I do not want these things to be entirely replaced by the terrible spectacle of frozen half ears of corn floating in some kind of buttery milk, so I eat them. They're good. And I like eating jello with chopsticks, which is something I learned how to do at Chinese buffets and a skill of which I am proud, even though, actually, I hate jello.

I had a whole poignant and thoughtful fucking blog post worked out in my head about old people's voices and what they say and this really darling old guy at the post office this morning but M is salivating behind me waiting to seize the computer so he can listen to terrorist music and harass people on myspace and, incidentally, kill Nazis with jetpacks. So no heart warming brilliant prose for you this evening - shit happens.

3 comments:

Edward said...

Nice photo! It seems your photos get better and better as the year goes on.

ah, the asiana grand industrial feeding trough. If it just didn't have the drop ceiling fluorescent lighting and the loud echoey lack of sound absorption... remember when it was more of a restaurant over in the small building on the other side of the parking lot? I liked it then. And before it was chinese, it was a kuntry kookin' place called "cuzin' wad's." This transition lead me to always refer to the chinese place as "Cuzin' Wad's Szechuan." I usually overdo it on the boiled shrimp- at least they are cooked.

Edgy Mama said...

Great shot!

I'd rather read about eating jello with chopsticks than old people's voices anyway.

mygothlaundry said...

Yeah, I liked Asiana better when it was over across the parking lot and smaller and more manageable (and cheaper) too. But I can totally eat jello with chopsticks - it's a vital survival skill.