Saturday, March 24, 2007

project 365 #83: mela shiva shadow

My friend P, who has been visiting from NY this week, took me out to dinner at Mela tonight. Dinner was fabulous but I feel bad for poor P - he arrived on Monday, got to have one fun night out in Asheville and then his hostess, me, promptly succumbed to the flu and he ended up being sort of farmed off to Bat Cave and beyond. Now that he's going back, of course he's feeling a bit out of it too, so I am probably returning him to the north with a nice case of Asheville flu. Poor P. He will never come back here, I'm sure. Well, mice, men, plans, etc. What can one do?

One can wildly overdo, if one is me, and end up feeling fairly gruesome again. Naturally as soon as I started feeling better yesterday I had to party like a lunatic and then as previously blogged wake up before dawn and then clean the living room completely and go to Lowes and work in the garden and so on, with the predictable result that I'm feeling like I may be vanishing back down the illness rabbit hole again. Gah. Boo. Hiss.

But at least I'm kind of caught up on my picture a day backlog, even if this isn't a prizewinner. Still, I'm a sucker for that dancing shadow - either Krishna or Shiva I think. Making the world or just making it with the cowmaids - Indian deities have more fun. Gods the food was amazing though - I want to move to India; I always have, although I've accepted the likelihood that I probably won't be able to marry Kim (damn) but I'd be happy just to eat Indian food every day for the rest of my life. Yum.

No comments: