Sunday, March 04, 2007

photo 365 #63: pieta


photo 365 #63: pieta
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
So I sat in my room and made some art today, since M & A are furious at each other for some undeclared reason that I don't want to know and have been more or less at each other's throats all day. It's a drag. N & I & poor C, M's friend who has been here all weekend, are kind of tiptoeing around and it makes my head hurt. Young M, having been raised by wolves, which is to say, le loup-garou, c'est moi, is really kind of intolerable right now. Gods save us from the perfection of 15 year olds, who are quick to expose hypocrisy where they find it (which is everywhere, sheesh) and hold grudges.

Also, the guys are all on the computers harassing people on myspace all day and night and playing weird Islamic music, so I had to retreat somewhere. My daughter says, "How can you live like this?" and she has a point, but actually, I have always kind of enjoyed being Wendy. It's a terrible failing, this fondness for lost boys, but oh well, it is what it is.

As for where the image comes from, your guess is as good as mine. My head, obviously, but I don't claim to understand it either. It's some kind of pieta, that much is clear, but who and why and when and where are left up to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Something I never could figure out about Santa Clara. All the damn vampires."

mygothlaundry said...

Drat you. Now I have to go and rent that movie.