Saturday, March 31, 2007

project 365 #89: adam painting my office orange

At long last my office is being painted and it's the orange that I wanted and, even better, my friend A, pictured here, who I got hired to do the actual work, is sponging over it with white so it looks really super cool. Now I will have no excuse not to clean it all up and then get totally motivated and become a stellar employee.

Except my basic lameness. There's always that.

S had a little party last night and it was tons of fun. Naturally I drank way too much and smoked way too much and then I did a drawing of our friend A which turned out, I thought, kind of weirdly okay for a messed up Friday night drawing. Also, people kept laughing at things I said, which is like crack to me and goes straight to my head and makes me talk too much. I am an attention whore, it is true. This is too bad for my friends but works out okay for me, I guess - anyway, I had fun and I think everyone did. S has an awesome backyard and now that the weather has warmed up it's so nice to sit outside and drink beer and smoke too much.

Now that it's Saturday I sat around and smoked a little with N and then did another drawing which I will post shortly. It's strange and amazing and wonderful to be making art again, effortlessly, like I never stopped for several years. I don't know what switch in my head went on again but I'm really glad it did. I like it when hours of the morning vanish and I suddenly surface with a weird little expressionist view of my backyard or something. It's the way, I think, that I'm supposed to live. Now if only it will rain before I start cleaning up the backyard so I can slack away the rest of the day guilt free, life will be nearly perfect.

No comments: