Monday, March 26, 2007

project 365 #85: front porch

It was a long weird complicated day that had a lot of odd parts. Last night nobody could sleep very well in this house and so there were weird clumping noises all night as one after the other of us blearily made insomniac rounds between the water jug in the kitchen and the bathroom. The dogs next door were uneasy and barked a lot, which is the signal, of course, for our dogs to bark like lunatics and rush to the door and collide with a lot of noisy things in the kitchen. So I was tired all day and sniffly, at least until I got hold of some Sudafed which turns me into some kind of middle eastern Afreet - very dry and sandy but full of whirling energy. Young M called sadly from school to tell me that he was sick and so I had to go pick him up and take him to McDonalds (let us now praise young M! For he has gotten an actual good report card! All hail!) and then home and then I went back to work and then after work things which should have been simple, like going to the store, turned complex. This may have been due to low blood sugar, which always makes me think that I am completely justified in wanting to axe everyone when in actual fact if you just feed me I transform back into that avatar of kindness and humanity - oh, all right, I still want to axe people, just not everyone.

At any rate now I have eaten and taken a somewhat lame picture (I wasn't going to take a picture at all. I was going to take N's suggestion of writing I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A FUCKING PICTURE TODAY on a piece of paper and photographing that but I'm too lame even for that. The Lameness Manifesto: I was going to write it down and shit but all I could find were some broken crayons and a piece of toilet paper.) of the gourd witch head I made last fall who is now a permanent fixture on my front porch, appropriately illuminated by my equally permanent Christmas lights. In other front porch news, I've decided to paint and mosaic Frosty the porch snowman, and that project I think will be entertaining as hell. If the lameness allows me to get around to it, that is.

No comments: