Thursday, March 08, 2007

project 365 #67: stump


project 365 #67: stump
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
This is from a stump at the park this morning and, as often with macros, I'm just blown away by all the sort of painterly abstraction and color and so on. Yeah. Also, I went out while doing the laundry and had a few beers with J at the Westville and I can't see anyway and, well, let's just say it's a bit difficult to type right now. Which is okay. Yes. I guess.

There was a lovely beagly dog named Forrest at the Westville who was wandering around happily. He kept going into the kitchen, which evoked yells of "Forrest! Out!" from the cooks, but it was so nice. A restaurant kitchen is like heaven on earth for a dog and really, all kitchens should have dogs in them. I like businesses that have animals, from the fish market around the corner from my East Village apartment in the late 80s that had the healthiest, most beautiful, sleekest big black cat I have ever seen to Lexington Avenue Books & News, where, as all Ashevillains know, Retail the cat holds court on the counter. But, see, cats are unfairly overrrepresented in businesses, and actually dogs are great in them as well, if not better. Once in Maryland I went to cut down a Christmas tree at Doyle's Tree Farm, which was actually around the corner from where I used to live, and their resident dog pinned down all my kids, one by one, and licked their faces thoroughly. You just can't pay for that kind of customer service.

No comments: