Monday, March 12, 2007

project 365 #71: half assed fireworks

Yup, as always, we're terrorizing the neighbors with our quality selection of high explosives. I put a stop to the bottle rocket fight last night - or at least I halted it temporarily while I got the hell out of Dodge. I find that my son & his friends & I all get along much, much better at fireworks time when I'm about 6 blocks away. Actually, I am guiltily fond of fireworks and loud banging noises myself, although the poor dogs are not happy with M's treasure trove and the cops do seem to drive by a lot more than they used to. Ah well. I don't think the roof is currently on fire. It will so suck if it is, since the dog ate the hose last week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to train the dogs to eat fireworks.

mygothlaundry said...

M's dad actually had a dog that did just that in West Virginia. They were lighting the mortars and the damn hound came running along and grabbed the lit firework and ran off with it. This would have been funny except of course that it isn't really. He jumped into the stream and thus saved himself (this was after I had already long since done my WV time, so I was emphatically not present) but still. Yow.

Anonymous said...

Fireworks + pets grabbing the fireworks and running off and blowing themselves up and/or lighting everything on fire = a rather too common occurance.

There's a few videos I've seen. The one where the dog runs off with the giant roman candle and basically launches an all out rocket assualt on an entire backyard full of people is a classic.

mygothlaundry said...

No, the classic was when my drunk friend Dan, at the end of a party, decided it would be hilarious to throw all the fireworks onto the grill. Bottle rockets & firecrackers & all kinda explosions going every which way, oh my! We're so lucky noone was hurt but I wish, oh how I wish, that we'd been videotaping.