Saturday, September 22, 2007

project 365 #263: downtown after five 1

Went to Downtown After Five last night, drank some beer and listened to Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band. It was fun although for whatever reason I was in full on evil mode, which means that I got to sit on the curb smoking cigarettes and saying mean things about peoples' outfits. This is a bad and rotten and horrible way to have fun, I know. I'm going to hell, I know that too. But still, honey: metallic silver raincoat with metallic gold purse AND silver sandals? Please. And dude? My son used to have that T-shirt with the bugs on it - when he was 3.

Actually, although I usually don't like crowds and will go out of my way to avoid them, I kind of liked the crowd at last night's downtown after five. Asheville hasn't completely gone over to the dark side and there's still a nice wide variety of people on view. Also, when I was sitting at the Flying Frog waiting for my friend S to get downtown, this cute young guy stopped by to tell me I had beautiful hair. That was nice. And as always, I ran into a whole bunch of people I know, and that was good too.

No comments: