Wednesday, February 28, 2007

project 365 #59: haywood road 2

As if life didn't suck enough, now I have a toothache. What a royal pain in the ass that I don't need and god knows how I'm going to find a dentist who'll see me tomorrow or Friday because I don't want to go through the weekend with a toothache. And this is going to cost a small fortune, you know it is, a small fortune I don't, naturally, have. In other great and wonderful news, my furnace is broken and so we have no heat except the fireplace and the Darth Vader helmet style heater, both of which are going in the living room, where N is asleep on the couch and M is wrapped up in blankets on the papa san chair watching Old Boy (which is too weird and violent for me to cope with right now.) I'm sitting here cold in the kitchen, worrying that the broken furnace is filling the house with carbon monoxide (or dioxide, I never can remember which one it is that kills you - both, I think) and that's why everyone is sleepy and we're all gonna die. Granted this house is so far from air tight that it seems it would take a while to kill us, months possibly, one would think, but maybe not Granted also that the furnace is making no noises whatsoever, and if it was emitting something you'd think it would also be clanking ominously or whirring rather than lying there on its metaphorical back with its metaphorical feet straight up in the air with metaphorical rigor mortis, but then one never knows and furnaces are mysterious beasts. N and I went down there and poked around and pushed a bunch of buttons and made a green blinking light come on for a while and even made the furnace, twice, emit a sort of whirring groaning almost working mechanical noise, but then it lapsed into a coma again. Probably N & M killed it with their pellet guns when they were hunting each other in the basement the other night, although I spotted no bullet holes. In the furnace, that is - N & M each have a few welts. So now I have to call my landlord and clean the whole house so the landlord will not guess at the state of chaos and destruction in which we usually exist.

Rains, pours, yeah. Got that down. Oh and this is a dumbass picture of the view in front of the Haywood laundromat because I just didn't shoot anything else much today. Not, you know, that I don't want to. Shoot something.

4 comments:

Lee H. said...

OldBoy is one VERY VERY fucked up movie, and this is being said by someone who usually thrives on weird and/or violent flicks. You were smart to avoid that one.

At least your furnace died this week and not during the ice and FRIGID cold- you can never get repair people during that kind of weather, because all the people with only slightly lame furnaces call the repair shop and want those little problems fixed- right when yours has gone out. (This happened to my mom last winter.)

Shad Marsh said...

Both can can kill, however Carbon monoxide is the by-product of combustion. On the plus side carbon monoxide poisoning produces vivid aural and visual hallucinations.

Anonymous said...

Sucking a cock always helps me with that.

mygothlaundry said...

Hey, thanks anonymous! I'll have to remember that handy tip!