Sunday, February 11, 2007

project 365 #42: vaguely thai stir fry for dinner tonight

One of those Sundays: clean the kitchen, chase the dog around the block in high confusion, make pancakes, clean the kitchen again, chase the dog again and so on. Laundry. Floor mopping. The dog getting out of the fence repeatedly and all of us fanning out around the neighborhood to find him, fearing for the worst while he was having the time of his life with a similarly un-human-encumbered doggie and, somehow, swimming. The dog was swimming, I mean, not us, thank god, although it was a beautiful day.

Now, dinner & the kids watching a really horribly gruesome slasher flick: how comfortable and American and normal! Yes, there's nothing like watching people saw their own limbs off to work up an appetite. I can only hear it, thank the gods, not see it, and occasionally I get to shout a plaintive Mom-ish "Why are y'all watching something like that?" into the living room, which naturally goes unanswered. It's all in the mix, I guess - we did all watch Pink Flamingos earlier and upping the grossness ante after that is damn tough.

2 comments:

Edgy Mama said...

So, I guess I need to ask you in person why you suddenly have an extra kid in the house?

Once again, I can't make it to DL (E's been on the road tons), but I am coming to the DILO/BA events this Saturday. Hope to catch up then!

mygothlaundry said...

Yeah, I'll totally be there on Saturday. As far as the extra, well, he's not exactly a kid but he is an old friend as are his parents & he needed a place closer to downtown to live so we moved him in for a while.