Monday, February 26, 2007

project 365 #57: blurry spinny self portrait

Well, I'm still a fucking basket case, which I think this self portrait fairly well reflects. I really screwed up on Friday night, in case anyone was in the least bit of doubt, and it's still angsting me way out. Gah. Yuck. I hate this. I'm starting to wonder if I'm going crazy, or went crazy a long time ago and nobody told me: maybe I've been totally psycho for ages and just didn't know it. Perhaps you're all just in my mind, or I'm sitting in a coma somewhere imagining all this stuff, in which case you'd think that rather than making myself utterly miserable with my despicable drunken behavior, I'd come up with something involving Nicolas Cage, a desert island, a pitcher of margaritas and a swimming pool full of raspberry jell-o. Not, uh, that I have ever put any thought into such a thing.

On the brighter side, I met somebody who recognized me off this blog (this blog. Don't you love it? It's like being the New Yorker. Oh, the power.) today, which was kind of shock, but a nice one. I had to go to the Chamber of Commerce for a meet n' greet, one of those PR type things I loathe and detest (which is one of the reasons I'm not, actually, very good at being a PR person - I hate to schmooze) and I had forgotten all about it this morning, which meant that, since it was Monday and the museum was closed, I was dressed in basic black grunge. Granted, at least those are my honest clothes as opposed to my no doubt laughable attempts at vaguely corporate chic, but still. A little too dark and grotty for the chamber of commerce, which has built itself a palace in Montford that I hadn't been in before. Anyway. I was waiting for the elevator when this young woman caught a look at my Hello, My Name Is tag and said, "I love your blog!" It kind of freaked me out, to be honest, like, maybe I really should dye my hair purple, change my name and move to Oregon, but she was very nice and very complimentary. Thank the gods she didn't, like, throw trash at me and scream "You suck!" That would have been terrible. I'm always glad when noone does stuff like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*rowr*