Saturday, February 10, 2007

project 365 #41: N at daniel ridge falls

For a day that started out hungover and weird, wow, did it get nice. N & I ate food, lay around and then eventually got our shit together to go "hiking." Yes, by hiking I mean we drove around through Pisgah National Forest, occasionally getting out of the car to take in some of the closer sights, such as Looking Glass Falls and the trout hatchery. I love the trout hatchery. Something about all those fish just is so. . so. . I don't know what. N loved it too, which is brilliant, because it's so depressing to go to the trout hatchery with people who are all like, uh huh, big tanks full of large fish, so what? The trout hatchery always makes me want to get naked and jump in, just to, um, see what it would be like. For, um, science. Ooops. Now I have outed myself as a creepy fish pervert. What do they call those, anyway? Scalies?

Then we went on over to the waterfall at the end of the Daniel Ridge loop trail (I know it has a name but I can never remember it) which is one of my favorite waterfalls in the world and then we drove forever to get up to Bat Cave to hang out for a bit with D & A & R, which was lovely, and then we came home to drink beer & listen to Lou Reed. A perfect day, really. Damn. Dag. And all those things.

No comments: