Sunday, February 25, 2007

project 365 #56: miniature iris blooming 3

The miniature iris are blooming like crazy in the front flower garden already and I guess that means it's getting to be time to start thinking about digging and raking and all that spring-ish stuff. Seems early. Seems like it's still winter. Seems like it's dark and gloomy and cold, or maybe that's just me.

I'm not enthused this year about gardening. The whole vegetable garden needs to be moved because of a tree that's grown up over the last six years and that's a monumental task I can't quite face. I know I'll snap out of the current doldrums eventually but at this exact moment in time I can't believe anything is brave enough to climb out of a blanket of damp leaves and bloom. It's hope though. I guess.

2 comments:

Asheville Web Designers said...

Big kiss and hug..I've lost my phone..well, my purse with my phone and, therefore, everything else..but I think I know where it is..

Lets get together..and (((not drink)))

Emily

mygothlaundry said...

Ouch girl, that sucks. I miss you! Let's go have coffee in some dark corner! Hey I'm going to chuckietown in about 10 days - do you know anywhere cheap as hell to stay right by the beach? I need salt water and sand.