Thursday, February 08, 2007

project 365 #39: nate at ed boudreaux

Took the boys - young M, and youngish N, who has joined our crazed household for the nonce - to Ed Boudreaux for dinner. Yay good barbecue and Mardi Gras decorations (purple & shiny!) and then I took them home and went on to Drinking Liberally, where there was a huge turnout and a group of Democracy for America people telling us all about the arcanities of precinct meetings and so on and so forth. All good, but the best part was sneaking out to smoke with my friends S & J & L . They're all beautiful, brilliant, funny, interesting women and I thought to myself that it's one of the perks of growing a bit older - getting to hang out with women like this. We do tend to come into our own at our age, and we're one hell of a lot of fun to boot. They blow me away. So yay, also, for amazing women.

No comments: