Saturday, February 24, 2007

project 365 #54: neon in broadways window

Well, last night was it, the ne plus ultra, the end: my liver and no doubt many of my friends and acquaintances will be pleased to learn that I'm on the wagon for a while now. It's amazing that I'm not more hungover, but my car is sitting downtown on Lexington Avenue, my head hurts and I am full of remorseful shame and determined to start being a better human being. Or a less alcoholic one anyway. I hereby declare this particular nervous breakdown over. Done. Finished.

Either that or I'll have to throw myself off a bridge or into rehab or something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't shave your head!

mygothlaundry said...

Nah, but I think I'll dye my hair purple again.

Edgy Mama said...

Or blue might be an appropriate color at the moment.

I'd go on the wagon with you, but I'm going to the beach for a long weekend with my book group, three of whom are preggers, so I've promised to drink for them.

Anonymous said...

Yup. I jumped on the wagon for Lent, tho I'm not a religious individual so much. Just wanted to have a timetable. Just drinking one 8 oz. glass of wine on Sunday nights. It's not so fun, but boy do I feel self-righteous!