Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Recap & Etc.

Thanks again in multitudes to my friend J for hosting such a great birthday party for me on Saturday night. It was huge fun and I also got presents, which made it even better, since I am a greedy pig. My friend E gave me a giant stuffed lobster and my friend J gave me a Ganesha and my friend H gave me a scarf she knitted herself, which is beyond gorgeous. And I also got tons of lovely smelly things: soaps & shampoos & scented oils & beer, too, which I guess counts as a smelly thing. It was big fun.

Saturday was gorgeous; I took A to the airport first and then went to the herb fair, where I was more careful than usual but still came home with some pineapple sage and some other sage and some woad, of all peculiar plants, but M has always wanted to be a Pict and paint himself blue, and now, if the woad takes off, he'll be able to. Right now there's only enough woad to possibly do one finger blue, but hopefully it will grow and then, you know, he can paint himself blue, take up his sword and pike and go terrorize some Roman legions. Everyone needs a hobby.

All of these plants are still sitting in their little pots, unplanted, because it's been grisly cold and damp and miserable ever since Saturday. After the herb fair my friend E & I & Theo the dog went on a long hike up at Bent Creek, which was beautiful, full of butterflies and curiously devoid of mountain bikers, which seemed strange until we remembered that this was the weekend of the Mountain Sports Festival so all the bikers were, no doubt, downtown jumping over ramps in the City/County Building parking lot. Then I zipped around like a madwoman getting ready for the party and then, of course, I partied like a madwoman, or, well, like a fairly calm and mellow madwoman. Yesterday, being Sunday, I did nothing, as God commanded (I just love it when my wishes and God's coincide. Pretty much we only agree on this resting on Sunday thing and sometimes his idea of rest and mine differ a bit, but, you know, we have to work around these little issues.)

Now it is Monday and I spent most of it over at my friend J's, who has Adobe Illustrator, which she kindly used to fix up some icons for a website I work on. Then we had lunch at Burgermeister & drove around for a bit & looked at cameras, which brings me to the big news: I ordered a camera just now off Amazon and it should be here by Wednesday. Woooooo!! I am so excited. And, if you missed it in the comments, I did win $65 on the Derby, which will apparently take like a month to extract from the online betting site, but I still won it and I will eventually have it, yes. So all this is good and now I have to go and do a painting for my therapist, which is going to be interesting as hell, and by interesting I mean painful. Or I could watch the end of King Kong - that's an option too.

No comments: