Thursday, May 11, 2006

Gross & Terrible Thing to Come Home To

DO NOT LOOK AT THIS POST IF YOU GET GROSSED OUT EASILY OR IF YOU CRY AT DEAD ANIMALS OR, YOU KNOW, IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE AT ALL. OKAY? DON'T LOOK DOWN NOW. DO NOT EVEN GLANCE.

Look (or don't, I understand) what was in my living room when I got home tonight. Aren't you glad I got this new camera so I can document terrible stuff like this? I knew this spring had been too easy on the dead and dying animal front, but jesus, just the head? Bleargh! Glaaah! Eeeeeewwwwwwww!! And I had to pick up that head, that terrible decapitated accusatory head, in a bunch of paper towels and throw it away. I feel like Henry VIII or something, even though I didn't cut it's iddle head off. No, I guess that this whole tableau is by way of being a feline art project, courtesy of Mr. Bill.

Aaaaaaauuuuuugggghhhhh!!

Later, after the shock had worn off: I don't think I can call it a decapitated head, can I? Because decapitated implies head, therefore that should refer only to the body. But there just doesn't seem to be as good a word - decorpusified? - for the head only. Hmmmm. It is a linguistic quandary.

3 comments:

THE JANE DOE JOURNALS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mygothlaundry said...

I would just like the entire world to know that the author of the comment above has an EVEN GROSSER dead bunny head photo that her dog brought home, heh, and she emailed it to me. Actually, it's not as gross as mine, it's kind of, uh, drier. But I'm very happy to know that I am not the only sicko out there who photographs dead bunny heads. Rock on, Jane Doe Journals!

Anonymous said...

AAAAIIIIEEE! Mr. Bill brought you dinner. Does that mean he's worried you can't hunt for yourself?