Sunday, May 21, 2006

Issues

There are kid issues, and there are school issues, and I've been obsessing over these issues to the point where it's messed up my sleep. I spent one particularly awful night having nightmares about being chased and eaten by a red dragon; every time I woke up shaking, flipping out, half expecting my legs to be eaten and then slowly calmed myself down and went back to sleep it was still there, which is just unfair. Then when I'm not dreaming about hungry dragons I've been dreaming about babies and small children and stray blue tick hounds that I have to get into my car. It's exhausting.

I am not good at confrontations and I don't like them and as a general rule I try to avoid them like the proverbial plague. I've had to have a couple of them this week and it's left me wrung out and miserable, even though they haven't been the kind of confrontations that anyone else would even think were confrontations. They've more been in my own head, and those are often the worst kind. There are times when no matter how much you try to compromise you end up making nobody happy, and I hate that shit. And I feel like I've been bullied and pushed around and I don't like it. Argh.

No comments: