Monday, August 15, 2005

My Attractive Dogs


A and I had another meat filled dinner at my mom's last night, and to recover (we both felt a little strange afterwards; I think all the meat is beginning to affect our brains and soon we won't be able to digest anything but blooooooood. . . yes, I have started watching Buffy again, why do you ask?) we walked the dogs up Haywood Road to the Ingles to buy catfood. I had never taken Jackson out on Haywood Road for a long walk before, and, as I expected, it was a little traumatic. He gets into the Ray Charles/Stevie Wonder swing the head thing and drags me along behind him, which is kind of problematic when cars are whooshing by 6" away. What I didn't expect was that every second guy on Haywood would fall in love with him. "Whar'd you git that Walker hound, honey?!" was the soundtrack of the evening, along with "Good Lookin' Dawg!" and "Hell, that's a nice hound!" The funny thing is that Theo is also a totally beautiful dog who appeals to a completely different demographic that is a force in West Asheville: the hippie chicks. They oooh and aaah over his beautiful long golden hair. This, btw, is one of the reasons why we used to think that he was Jim Morrison reincarnated. Also, he likes the sound of his own voice, chews up my underwear and tends to brood when he doesn't get his own way.

No comments: