Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dream and Birthday and Newspaper

Dream: I dreamt that I had another little boy. He was about 2 years old, looked very Irish yet kind of like M. We were somewhere that kind of looked like Federal Hill in Baltimore and we were walking to my friends' C & S's house. Which is odd, because it's nowhere near Federal Hill. Anyway, as we crossed the street, there was a parade coming. I stopped to show my son the parade: guys in kilts with bagpipes and drums, right, the usual. Except for this very Irish looking young guy who was walking in front, in a kilt, declaiming poetry. In the dream this seemed perfectly normal and I also realized that I knew him - not only knew him, but had had a ONS with him about three years before. I stepped into the house just as he saw me and he came in after me. We made nervous small talk and he said "Well, I'm glad to see you're clanned now."
"Clanned?" I said.
"Yes," he said, "When I knew you before you didn't have a clan at all."
"Oh" I said, "Yeah - but this is just for now, yes, I have a clan now, but you know, things change, I'm not really a clanny type of person."
And then my friend S, but older and more sort of patriarchal, came into this big hallway of this gorgeous house where we were standing and he looked at the guy I was talking to and then he looked at my son and then he looked at me and he said, "Oh, I know who this is." And I realized that this guy was my son's father, and he realized it too, in sort of a blinding flash, and it was all very weird indeed. Weird enough to wake me up, actually.

Birthday: Today is J's birthday. I would post a picture of her present here IF the little photo icon on the blogger dashboard worked but it does not work, at least for me. I combined a betta fish and a round bowl and a miniature peace lily and a bunch of cool marbles and a plastic gargoyle and some beads and sterling silver wire into this very cool little ecosphere type thing for her and she really liked it which was nice. Bettas are great: I had one named Fang when I was at the Maryland Institute who lived for about 4 years. I completely neglected him but he just kept on going.

Newspaper: This blog might be in the Mountain Xpress next week. Woot! I guess I had better come up with some funny entertaining political type shit to write so I can gather legions of fans and turn them all into a death defying Army of Evil and we can Take Over The World or something. Possibly arrange pizza delivery to West Asheville.

Oh, and as a postscript, yesterday Jackson decided to dismantle the dining room because he was convinced that there was a mouse in there behind the bookshelves. Today he thought it was in the computer corner. Goddamn I think he's right. I moved the shelves out and in the process found a bunch of mosaic supplies and printing ink and my plastic Silver Surfer model, also the iron, that I had been missing - and then , sitting here, I heard a suspicious scuffling beneath the computer desk. Gah!! I bet this improves my writing. Or makes it choppier, briefer, and more fearful, anyway. It's kind of hard to type with your legs up by the monitor, I must say.

No comments: