Thursday, August 11, 2005

Mouse Update and MAJOR GOOD NEWS

The mouse I suspected was under the computer was, in fact, under the computer. It came out and looked at me while I was in the kitchen last night, trying to call my friend J. The damn thing had balls of steel - it just sat on it's haunches and looked at me while I crouched on a kitchen stool and screamed, leaving, in the process, a somewhat disjointed message on J's phone. It only left when the dogs came in to see what I was screaming about. I called my other, brave, ex farm wife friend J, and she came over and poked about under the computer for a while, but no mouse. I text messaged A to warn her that there was a confirmed mouse in the kitchen. She came home and looked at where I was then standing on the back porch and said, "the mouse is right there, behind the kitchen door. That is one brave mouse; it's just looking at me." So I climbed off the back porch and over the fence to the front yard and then, being as we are rational human beings, A and I did the only thing possible: went to Dennys, leaving stern injunctions with the animals to deal with the situation. They hadn't dealt with it when we got home & locked ourselves in our rooms to sleep, but at around 7:15 this morning, judging by the sudden eruption of sound, they did. The mouse with balls of steel (who actually was kind of cute in a star of a Disney movie kind of way, and I really really really hate mice, so you know this mouse was like the Brad Pitt of the rodent world) is no more and has received a burial in the trash can.

GOOD NEWS: My friend D in San Francisco is the mother of a 7 lb 2 oz baby girl which makes granddaughter number 6 for my friend N in Baltimore, who dashed off to SF to be there for the birth. YAY for D and her beautiful new daughter!

No comments: