Thursday, May 28, 2009

Whine

My stomach hurts; it's 85 degrees in my office (I am typing this in a camisole and bare feet because there's just no other way) I'm busy as hell at work; I'm behind as hell in everything; I'm out of books to read - and did I mention that my stomach hurts?

Oh well. Now that I've got that out of the way, let's talk about something more fun, like floods, which is completely what is going to happen if it keeps on raining like this. I actually made it over to the river with the dogs both yesterday and today and the river, hooo boy. The river is level with the park and the puddles have become smaller rivers with connectors to the big river and where there isn't water, there is mud. Django thinks the world has finally been perfectly arranged for his happiness and I think it is time for me to buy some big rubber boots. Last year I thought water would never fall from the sky again and this year I think the legs of my dog walking overalls (yes, I do wear the same pair of utterly horrible Carharrt mens denim overalls to walk the dogs every morning, yes, despite the outraged shrieks of my inner fashion police, I do) will never dry out again. Look what happens when you piss off Al Gore!

In other news, there is no other news. The deadline for Ditloa submissions is tomorrow night at 11:59 pm (fyi) and I will get 13 more images into the pool sometime between now and then because I know that the deadline is absolutely inflexible. Ah yes. Thank you for all your comments and thoughts! They are a huge help.

1 comment:

Carolyne Swift said...

Hey Felicity,
I've been reading your excellent blog! You have alot more energy than you give yourself credit for.. walking three dogs, throwing parties, downing giant beers, creating mosaic flower gardens ! Whew, makes me tired just thinking about it.

You also inspired me to put up some blogs... :) So far I have established a bond with exactly one follower, a very nice, hermes bag toting, landowning woman from somewhere up in the wilds of Canada.