Thursday, July 26, 2007

project 365 #206: garlic bouquet 7

My friend D came down from Bat Cave yesterday and took N back up the mountain for a couple of days. She left a huge bouquet of black eyed susans on my table and a big bouquet of garlic tops on the doorstep as an exchange for N. It was a fair trade, I think, although N will occasionally do dishes and stuff, but the bouquets beat him out for decorative purposes. I called her last night to thank her, because the flowers are wonderful and the garlic tops are incredibly excellent (they do all kinds of funky things like bend into spirals and grow new bits and they kind of look like something from Beetlejuice; most satisfying) and she warned me that garlic flowers, while scenic, are not perhaps a good idea for an indoor arrangement due to their, uh, olfactory qualities. I ignored this and put them on my dining room table. Well. Let's just say that absolutely no vampires will ever come in my house now. I am so safe.

I finished Harry Potter last night and I feel, frankly, kind of let down. I should be all happy but I need more details; I need to know exactly how every minute of Harry Potters life progressed or something. What I want, specifically, is Harry Potter and The Mid Life Crisis. But somehow I don't think it's going to be forthcoming. Just a minute ago I started to write it but then I got hit by a magical wave of sanity so I didn't. Y'all can imagine it. It involves alcohol, regrets, divorce and dead end jobs. Yeah. Welcome to adulthood, Harry.

2 comments:

Edgy Mama said...

I just finished HP as well. I'm irritated with the 19 years later part. In my opinion, the book should just END where it ends. There was no need to tack on cheesy, happy, predictable normality. Ugh.

mygothlaundry said...

Yeah, I didn't like that either. I mean I did - the part of me that wants closure and happy endings did - but the rest of me didn't. Besides, think about the post traumatic stress disorder those kids all would have had. I think they were all serious cokeheads by age 25 at the very least. ;-)