Monday, July 09, 2007

project 365 #190: waterdrops on rugosa begonia

My new boss started today and I barely saw her. This is good, because I had wild nightmares all night last night about new bosses in general and all the terrible havoc they can wreak, particularly if they actually happen to be long toothed undead types but noone will believe the poor worker. Hate it when that happens. Between that and the dogs deciding that there were long toothed undead types right outside about four times between 1 and 5 am, I didn't get much sleep. Why does this kind of thing always happen when you absolutely have to be on top of your game the next day?

It rained again. This is the second time in three days which is some kind of a record for this summer. It poured on my cookout Saturday night which seemed a trifle unfair, given that it hadn't rained in months and had to pick my mother's birthday party to soak. We were grilling under umbrellas, but it all turned out okay. Still, it's so dry that the rain doesn't do anything but run off the ground, which is so hard you can't possibly dig a finger in to see if it's wet or not. Judging from the potted plants, it's not.

No comments: