Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Two Hour Delay

Asheville city schools have a two hour delay this morning. This is not as good as the snow day we always hope for, because an Asheville city schools snow day affects my work day as well, pleasantly. It's confusing, the two hour delay and it has led to sloth and general laziness around here this morning. M is still in bed. I'm in my pajamas, eating, even though the snow prompted hot chocolates & rum I consumed last night fucked up my diet totally and I should have done penance this morning. Yeah, I should have gone snow running in the pitching darkness of 6:30 and then not eaten for a day or two. And if I was one of those empowered people, that's exactly what I would have done, but, you know, I'm not. Jesus, it's 25 degrees outside.

And now I'm going to be late for work, since a two hour delay doesn't mean anything to the museum. But oh well, I still have to get young M to school so he can sit there and take a Teen Living "exam" and then get out in 3 hours and have a five day weekend. Because, you know, they just didn't get enough time off at Christmas. I'm so jealous I could spit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People in Asheville are such wimps when it comes to snow. I'm from Florida, and I had no trouble getting around.

mygothlaundry said...

I bow to no one in my snow wimpiness factor. If it was up to me, noone would even leave their houses (except to buy more rum & hot chocolate, best drink on the planet) when it's snowed in the past few days. There was a tiny patch of ice on my street this morning! Someone could have slipped! Or someone with a very, very small car or possibly a unicycle might have skidded out into traffic! You can't be too safe!

Edgy Mama said...

Yeah, the two-hour delay screwed up my day too. Ridikulus.