Monday, January 02, 2006

Another Year, Another 79 Cents

Here it is, 2006, and it's raining, and I have to get a job. Immediately. Yesterday. Meanwhile, I've been surfing the internets and I have discovered that there is a new and evil worm/virus out and about, so, my less technical friends, you need to go here and download and install this temporary patch, since Microsoft has not released anything to help us yet.

New Years Eve. Ah. It was quite a party and I'm not very good at parties, because I get shy and nervous, then I drink too much to overcome the shyness/nervousness and then I am a drunken fool. Yipes - yet another reason to get my life into some kind of appropriate adult order in 06 - I'm going to get boring, people: staid, respectable and crashingly dull, or at least that's the goal here. So anyway I went to a party, and I had a good time, and I even met a guy, but of course he was just visiting Asheville from Chattanooga, Tennessee, where he has now returned, and probably I will never see him again. Someday perhaps I will meet a guy I like who actually lives in the same state as me, and then maybe after that I can even work up to someone who lives in the same county or even town. But I'm not holding my breath.

So, today I'm going to clean the house, and take down at least the outside Christmas decorations, and quit smoking and drinking and get a job and pay all the bills. Yes. Are you looking forward to this? Cause I'm not.

2 comments:

Edgy Mama said...

Nooooo. We are not looking forward to this. I find if I just cut out one vice (beer) as opposed to ALL vices, I'm a lot happier. So no beer for me in January. Not no alcohol, just no beer.

mygothlaundry said...

Well, I haven't had a drink, but I did have one cigarette. Still, one since Saturday night isn't so bad, right?