Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I Did Manage to go Hiking Today

And here's proof. It was cold but beautiful out at Bent Creek and yet again, I proved my theory that if you start to feel alone and lonely out there, all you have to do is try to pee behind a tree, and lo! There will be streams of mountain bikers to cheer you on. One time when I was up there, climbing up a small and vertical trail, I ran into the great god Pan. At least I think it was Pan, although I grant you that it could have been just a middleaged overweight balding man in polyester shorts with a small snappy dog. Still, I was either overcome with panic, or dizzy from climbing, but I took it that he was Pan. He appeared and disappeared rather suddenly, and there was distant haunting music, and he and his dog glared at me, and I felt a bit, well, panicky. So you never know who you might run into at Bent Creek.

No comments: