Thursday, August 30, 2007

project 365 #241: back seat still life

I'm home sick from work today. I have no idea what's wrong with me - something involving a sore throat and sore ears and an upset stomach and fatigue - and when I woke up this morning I felt totally horrible and decided to stay home. This is approximately the same list of symptoms that had young M staying home on Monday and, as he pointed out, I yelled at him about it. "Do you want to yell at me?" I said from bed without opening my eyes. "Because go for it." He didn't. Django ate my fucking rubber clogs though, at some point this morning while I was asleep.

I just feel weird - it's hard to pin down, but I'm definitely way, way off. Bah. I hate this kind of indeterminate virusy misery because I keep thinking that maybe, unbeknownst to myself, I'm faking it. "Get over it!" I say to myself, "Get dressed! Go to the store! Walk the dogs!" and I would, honestly, but getting dressed seems impossible and I have to keep going back to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how awesome. i was also mysteriously exhausted/sick on thursday, in the vague illness territory, and know EXACTLY what you mean about faking it unbeknownst to myself . . . I think it's also called giving ourselves and undue hard time over not feeling well because of a bullshit work ethic and probably, harsh parents. At least in my case.