Monday, August 20, 2007

project 365 #229: the perfect asheville tshirt

Here's Friday's picture, taken at the way too hot Downtown After Five that I left before getting to really hear any of the bands because, as I just mentioned, it was too hot. Also, too crowded later on.

Yesterday's picture was so lame that I won't even put it up on this blog (it's an exciting view of the cars in the movie theatre parking lot, woo hoo) but I did want to report that I went with my friend J to see Stardust and it was AMAZING. I think it might just be the perfect movie. I was totally enthralled. I loved it. I want to see it again. I kind of want to see it every day for the rest of my life. And I want to go live in that world instead of this one, which I realize is an ongoing theme in my life.

I spoke sternly with myself on leaving the movie theatre. I spoke very sternly about growing up and getting rid of the fantasy novels and not getting sniffly eyed about silly romances set in fictional universes and I reminded myself what a waste of time and energy all this fantasy stuff is. "Self," I said, "You must give all this stuff up and endeavour to live in the real world. You must read non fiction and get more up to date on world affairs. You must give up this hopeless, doomed quest for romance and focus on your career. Get to work, self," I said, "And stop sniffling. It's unbecoming. You need wrinkle cream. Also, you're fat." Fortunately though, after a brief wrestling bout sparked by the word fat, I managed to throw the voice in my head right out the window and now I'm happily back in my own weird magical universe, where I'm much more at home.

1 comment:

Edgy Mama said...

I'm DYING to see Stardust.

I've always lived in my own magical world. I see no problem with that.