Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Life in Notes

So I left this note on the kitchen table when I went off to work (work! Yes! me! Just today and tomorrow, though, I'm temping at a museum near the museum where I used to work, and it's very nice) and I came home to find, of course:

1. No A, and no car, and no money, so the gods only know if the car got an oil change

2. Dead mouse still in cabinet. Bleach spray still helpfully on kitchen table, although moved from when the arrow was pointing at it.

3. Dry plants.

4. Filthy bathroom.

This does not, somehow, even surprise me one iota. I called M and said, "There is still a dead mouse in the cabinet, goddamnit," and he said quickly, "A said she would clean it up!"
"She did not," I said, knowing full well that the odds of A cleaning up a dead mouse are roughly the same as the odds of the Israelis and Palestinians sitting down together tomorrow, having a good cry, and deciding to live together in happy love and harmony forever after.
"No Mom," he said, "I swear!"
"I don't care," I said, "You're dealing with this when you get home."

And he will, because obviously I am so tough. Eeeesh.

No comments: