Sunday, June 18, 2006

Haunted House


haunted house3
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
Last night after the party, I made the same idiotic mistake that I often make leaving North Asheville and put my poor friend S (who was driving, thank the gods) on 26 going the wrong direction. We didn't figure this out for a while but finally we ended up on Weaverville Highway heading back towards Asheville and around a bend in the road was this terrifying illuminated spooky house. So I took pictures of the fabulous creepiness, most of which are suitably blurry and scary and ghostly and unreal. I am here to report that it is totally fun to scramble around on the side of the road in your party clothes at 1 in the morning taking pictures of a haunted house.

And today, of course I'm hungover (it was an awesome party,) although not as badly as I richly deserve, and I'm hoping that those weeds I was slithering around in to get these shots weren't poison ivy. I also think I've eaten more food in the last 24 hours than I usually consume in a week. Why is it that hangovers make you hungry? Why do they make you crave greasy oily salty food? My veganism, never particularly strong or inspired, went all to hell and back today, because damn, oh my people, there are times when Burgermeister is the shizznit, as I say even though my children keep assuring me that I am much too old to keep it gangsta.

3 comments:

Huw Richardson said...

The Baird house... "historic Baird house" recently moved about 100 yards from its historic location to make room for whatever big-box thing they're putting in up there and soon to be home to its very own Real Estate Agency (that paid to move it).

Two years ago it was in clump of trees behind a little rise (as seen from the road). It was much spookier then!

mygothlaundry said...

Cool! Thanks for the info - I guess soon it will be all fixed up and not quite as gothically creepy as it is now.

Huw Richardson said...

Sadly, I suspect you're right.